What Modalities Do We Use?
We have a variety of modalities to improve overall healing response of tissue. Our modalities are listed below.
- Ultrasound- this modality is used to reduce inflammation and break up/reduce damaged frayed tissue in a particular area. It is best suited for superficial tissue such as the achilles tendon, elbow tendon, and patellar tendon
- Electrical stimulation- This modality reduces pain by blocking pain receptors and can also be used to improve/awaken neuromuscular contraction post nerve block/injury
- Cervical traction- This unit provides sustained pull with a controllable dial to allow distraction of the neck, which will allow decompression to the neck joint. This is primarily used with neck pain, disc issues, and nerve impingement
- Game ready machine (TM/CC)- this machine provides air compression along with cold therapy to significantly reduce inflammation over your joint. This is a great modality to use post surgically
- Normatec recovery sleeves TM/CC (Vasoneumatic device)- these sleeves are designed to reduce lower extremity inflammation and improve oxygenated blood flow to your legs by reducing lactic acid buildup in your muscles
- Hot/cold therapy- depending on method of injury and time frame hot and cold therapy can be beneficial in improving inflammation, reducing soft tissue tension, and reducing pain